In a historic performance, Carmelo Anthony torched the Charlotte Bobcats for 62 points on Friday night at Madison Square Garden. Check out what the 7-time All-Star accomplished during the incredible scoring outburst.
- Melo scored 62 points and grabbed 13 rebounds in 38 minutes.
- Melo shot 23-of-35 from the floor, 6-of-11 from the 3-point line, and 10-of-10 at the free throw line.
- Melo registered a 34 +/-.
- With 62 points, Melo set the scoring record for most points at Madison Square Garden, passing Kobe Bryant’s 61 points.
- Melo moved ahead of Bernard King for the franchise record in points scored in a game. King previously held the record with 60 points.
- By reaching 60 points, Melo became the 6th player since 1990 to reach the 60-point, 10-rebound mark. He joins Tracy McGrady, David Robinson, Shaquille O’Neal, Karl Malone, and Michael Jordan.
Melo’s 62 points are the most in the NBA since Deron Williams scored 57 on March 4, 2012.
For players that have scored 62 points in an NBA game, Melo registered the 2nd highest FG percentage at 65.7%.
Melo had 62 Pts & 0 turnovers - most points without a TO since individual turnovers were 1st recorded in '77-78.
- Melo ripped down 13 rebounds; last NBA player with 55 points and 10 rebounds in a game was LeBron James in March 2005.